Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Windows Authentication prompting for credentials

I created a ASP.Net website with Windows Authentication on IIS7.

When I access the website, IE kept prompting for my network credentials. After some digging around, I found that the issue was coming from Windows Authentication Providers.

1) Launch IIS Manger
2) Select your web application, and double click on Authentication


3) Right Click on Windows Authentication, and select Providers. ( I have Impersonate = "true" set up on my web application, that's why ASP.Net Impersonation is enabled for me)

4) Make sure that the Providers are in the order above. NTLM first and Negotiate second.
5) If the order is reversed, IE will keep prompting you for your network credentials.

Hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment